Fine Arts Rules and Regulations
Open Class Rules
- Last day to have copies of entries of fine arts into the fair office is Monday, August 7th, 2017 by 7:00 pm. A late entry will be charged an office fee of $1.00 per entry. No exceptions.
- All exhibitors must be a resident of Illinois and the bona fide raiser/owner of the article exhibiting or forfeit all premiums.
- All entries of art, photography, culinary canned goods, hobbies & collections, and textiles (open and junior shows) must be brought to fairgrounds between 9 am and 7 pm Monday, August 21nd, 2017. All entries of agricultural products, horticultural, and floriculture must be in the fairgrounds between 9 am - 7 pm Tuesday, August 22rd, 2017.
- Entry releases will be 6:00 pm Sunday, August 27th, 2017, except by consent of the Executive Secretary. No departure from this rule will be allowed under penalty of forfeiture of premiums and being barred from exhibiting for two years.
- Bureau County Fair Board is not responsible for articles left after 6:00 pm Sunday, August 27th, 2017. All items will be discarded, 30 days after that date.
- Children 12 and under are not required to purchase an exhibitors ticket.
- Every article upon the grounds and entered for premiums will, during the fair be under the control of the superintendent of the department in which it may be entered. The board will take all possible care of articles, but the board will in no case be responsible for any damages that may occur.
- All articles are displayed at the owner’s risk.
- A premium will not be awarded for an article thought not worthy, even though there may be no competition.
- Only one article may be entered in each lot number.
- No article shall be entered for a premium to which a premium has previously been awarded by this Society.
- All articles must conform to premium list requirements or the judge and/or the superintendent of the department will automatically disqualify them.
- The department personnel if needed will dispose of all highly perishable articles.
- Entries in fine arts must comply with the rules and regulations of Bureau County, State of Illinois, and fine arts.
- Open to any boy or girl between 8 and 18 years of age, as of January 1 of the year the fair is held.
- Any junior exhibitor wishing to show in open classes may do so by complying with open class rules.
- Entries in the junior fine arts must comply with the rules and regulations of Bureau County, State of Illinois, fine arts, and junior fine arts.