Fairgrounds Rental Info
Throughout the year, the grounds of the Fairground are made available to the public for rental. Please review the rental options below to find a suitable solution to your event, storage or camping needs.
Winter Storage Rental
Click Here to Download the Winter Storage Agreement Form
Saturday, Oct. 29th, 2016 - 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 30th, 2016 - 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 2nd, 2017 - 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
$8 per foot Rate is non-refundable. Rates are for entire storage season, not by the month.
Rules and Regulations:
- All units will be checked for measurements. Measurement is taken from the front most appendages to the rearmost appendage. The Bureau County Fairboard reserves the right to measure all units and bill those units that were under-measured.
- Batteries and fuel containers must be disconnected.
- Do Not remove batteries from Motor homes
- All propane tanks must be removed.
- All trailers must be equipped with a tongue jack dolly wheel. Hitches must be unlocked.
- All work on units must be completed prior to the time they are parked in the storage buildings.
- No hazardous materials of any kind are to be stored in or around the property
- All lower units must be raised to allow a minimum of twelve (12) inches of ground clearance.
- A penalty of $20 per day will be assessed for each property unit not removed by April 10th, 2017.
- No early removal of units allowed.
- Extreme care will be taken when storing your unit, however, be aware that the Fair Board accepts no responsibility whatsoever for damage or loss. A copy of your insurance should be attached to this agreement when the unit is delivered.
Responsibility of Lessor:
The Bureau County Agricultural Board, or Lessor, its directors, employees, or agents does not assume any responsibility of liability to the Lessee whatsoever for the safety, loss or damage to any Unit stored "from any cause", nor does the Lessor assume any responsibility or liability of any character for personal injury to the Lessee or to anyone whom the Lessee may invite upon the premises of the Lessor.
Furthermore, the Lessee waives all claims against Lessor for damages to goods, wares and merchandise, in, upon or about, said Unit. Lessor in not responsible for any loss or damage due to burglary, fire, theft, vandalism, water, wind or any cause whatsoever to the unit. Lessee agrees that if any damage to storage unit occurs, repairs will be solely the responsibility of the Lessee.
You must provide your own insurance!
To reserve space, we will measure your unit to the nearest foot. Payment can be made by check, money order or credit card on storage day. Sizes will be checked for accuracy. Signed application and contract denotes owner (bailer) acceptance of Bureau County Agricultural Board regulations.
Stalls for permanent horse boarding or for overnight stays are available at Bureau County Fairgrounds in Princeton.
The fairgrounds is located on the west edge of Princeton, just 1.5 miles from Interstate 80.
Please call Terry Johnson at (815) 866-3534 for overnight and monthly boarding rates.
Equine renters must present proof of negative Coggins test before unloading.
State of Illinois Department of Agriculture
Livestock health requirements for Horses, Ponies, Mules and other equine.
- All horses and other equidae, twelve (12) months of age and older attending an advertised equine event, shall be accompanied by a negative test for equine infectious anemia (EIA) conducted within the last twelve (12) months. A copy of thie tsst shall accompany the animal.
- AGID (Coggins) or ELISA test are accepted. 3. An advertised equine event means a show, rodeo, sale, auction, exhibition, trail ride, or horse fair that is posted or media promoted. 4. A CVI is not required for Illinois equine.
- All out-of-state equine are to be accompanied by an entry permit. Permits are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling (217) 782-4944.
- All horses and other equidae entering Illinois that are twelve (12) months of age or older, shall be accompanied by a negative test for equine infectious anemia (EIA) conducted within the last twelve (12) months. A copy of this test shall accompany the animal.
- AGID (Coggins) or ELISA test are accepted.
- All horses and other equidae shall be accompanied by a CVI issued within thirty (30) days prior to entry.
Camp sites are available at Bureau County Fairgrounds. Come out and stay and be close to everything Princeton and Bureau County have to offer.
Sites include electric and water - $20 per night. Dump station located across the street from the fairgrounds.
Special rates available for large groups.
Call Tracy Brenneman, (815) 303-2905 to reserve your space.
To rent the buildings or grounds of the Bureau County Fairgrounds, please call Tracy Brenneman, (815) 303-2905.
Click Here to Download the Building Rental Contract Form.